Hara kiri is an impolite way of saying the Japanese word seppuku which means literally belly splitting.
During a TED talk about Malaria Bill Gates opened a jar full of mosquitoes on stage so the audience would be able to empathize better.
Castration was used in the Middle Ages as a "cure" for hernia epilepsy and leprosy.
It’s against the law to burp or sneeze in a church in Nebraska USA.
All totalled the sunlight that strikes Earth at any given moment weighs as much as an ocean liner.
In the beginning Starbucks only sold roasted whole coffee beans.
NASA scientists have discovered stars that are cool enough to touch.
1 in 10 Americans thinks HTML --the language of web pages-- is a sexually transmitted disease.
Elephants are covered with hair.
Cats recognize owners' voices but seem too cool to care according to a study.
Each month there is at least one report of UFOs from each province of Canada.
The last words of Henry Royce co-founder of Rolls-Royce were actually: "I wish I'd spent more time in the office."
While Beijing's pollution problem is more famous the world's most polluted city is New Delhi India.
Moose have very poor vision. Some have even tried to mate with cars.
If you leave everything to the last minute… it will only take a minute.
Greenland is the largest island in the world.
Leonardo Da Vinci was a prankster: he would put fake wings and horns on lizards to scare people in the Vatican.
Antarctica is the only continent without a time zone.
Chinese Crested dogs can get acne.
White people consume 60-80% of all rap music in the U.S.
Cancers are primarily an environmental disease with 90 - 95% of cases attributed to environmental factors and 5 - 10% due to genetics.
Groaking is to watch people eating in hopes that they will offer you some.
A group of cockroaches is called an intrusion.
Sex change surgeries are free under Brazil's public health system since 2008.
The most valuable legal tender coin in the world is a US$1 million coin from Australia. Since it weighs 1 000 kg and is 99.99% pure gold it is worth almost US$45 million.
The eruption of Krakatoa in 1883 was the loudest sound in recorded history heard 3 000 miles (4800 KM) away.
An average person in the U.S. eats 35 tons of food in a lifetime.
Even though the Hindenburg was inflated with 7 million cubic feet of highly flammable hydrogen gas it had a smoking room.
On its one-year anniversary the NASA's Curiosity Rover sang the “Happy Birthday” tune to itself on Mars.
Einstein's great breakthroughs came from visual experiments performed in his head rather than the lab.
A forfeited game in baseball is recorded as a 9-0 score. In football it is recorded as a 1-0 score.
Astronauts in space can't tell if their bladders are full. They are trained to relieve themselves every two hours.
Julius Caesar Mark Antony and Octavian all made pilgrimages to Alexander the Great's tomb in Alexandria.
In the United States a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.
47%of the U.S. remains unoccupied despite having a population of 310 million.
A coward was originally a boy who took care of cows.
Tuna fish can swim 40 miles in a single day.
People with many friends live 3.7 years more than those who are isolated.
California 's official state animal is extinct.
In Austria there’s a town called FUCKING
- Size: 4Pcs x 12x12inch (30x30cm), Giclee artwork, printed on high quality waterproof cotton canvas.
- Ready to Hang, Stretched and Framed, Easy Setup - Cord setup already, easy hold on the nails(Free accessories).
- Gallery wrapped on approximately 0.75"(2cm) wood bars, the image continues around the sides.
- Painting effect(Not 100% HD Clear) because canvas material rough surface. But OK in a 20 inches distance. (If fulfilled by Seller, Free Shipping, send out within 2-3 bussiness days- Shipping time 4-9 days)
- Brand "SMARTWALLSTATION" has been registered and protected.
- Size: 28" x 24"
- Color: Matte Black
- High-Quality Die-Cut Oracal Vinyl; Made In USA
- Written/Video Instructions Included
- Will not damage walls Non-transferrable
- Special Quote Ceramic Wall Hanging Art Sign
- * Size: 15 x 15 cm / 5.9 x 5.9 inch
- This tile has a smooth surface.
- It comes with a hook for hanging on the wall.