In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
Sergei Lebedev (1874–1934) Russia – commercially viable synthetic rubber.
Jean-François Pilâtre de Rozier (1754–1785) France – Rozière balloon.
Vladimir Barmin (1909–1993) Russia – first rocket launch complex (spaceport).
Simon Sunatori (born 1959) Canada – inventor of MagneScribe and Magic Spicer.
Dmitri Dmitrievich Maksutov (1896–1964) Russia – Maksutov telescope.
Levi Strauss (1829–1902) USA – blue jeans.
Alexander Kemurdzhian (1921–2003) Russia – first space exploration rover (Lunokhod).
Bruce Ames (born 1928) USA – Ames test (cell biology).
Robert A. Heinlein (1907–1988) USA – waterbed.
Arturo Caprotti (1881–1938) Italy – Caprotti valve gear.
Heike Kamerlingh Onnes (1853–1926) Netherlands – liquid helium.
Louis Braille (1809–1852) France – Braille writing system Braille musical notation.
George de Hevesy (1885–1966) Hungary – radioactive tracer.
Mikhail Tsvet (1872–1919) Russia – chromatography (specifically adsorption chromatography the first chromatography method).
Simon Sze (born 1936) Taiwan/USA together with Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea – Floating-gate MOSFET.
C. Kumar N. Patel (1938–) India/USA – Carbon dioxide laser.
James Gosling (born 1955) USA – Java (programming language).
Paul Walden (1863–1957) Latvia/Russia/Germany – Walden inversion Ethylammonium nitrate (the first room temperature ionic liquid).
Elias Howe (1819–1867) USA – sewing machine.
Aleksandr Stoletov (1839–1896) Russia – first solar cell based on the outer photoelectric effect.
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
Geometry inasmuch as it is concerned with real space is no longer considered a part of pure mathematics; like mechanics and physics it belongs among the applications of mathematics. ~ Hermann Weyl 1885 to 1955 - Mathematician and Theoretical Physicist
If physics and biology one day meet and one of the two is swallowed up that one will be biology. ~ J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 - Biologist
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Size: 4Pcs x 12x12inch (30x30cm), Giclee artwork, printed on high quality waterproof cotton canvas.
- Ready to Hang, Stretched and Framed, Easy Setup - Cord setup already, easy hold on the nails(Free accessories).
- Gallery wrapped on approximately 0.75"(2cm) wood bars, the image continues around the sides.
- Painting effect(Not 100% HD Clear) because canvas material rough surface. But OK in a 20 inches distance. (If fulfilled by Seller, Free Shipping, send out within 2-3 bussiness days- Shipping time 4-9 days)
- Brand "SMARTWALLSTATION" has been registered and protected.
- Size: 28" x 24"
- Color: Matte Black
- High-Quality Die-Cut Oracal Vinyl; Made In USA
- Written/Video Instructions Included
- Will not damage walls Non-transferrable
- Special Quote Ceramic Wall Hanging Art Sign
- * Size: 15 x 15 cm / 5.9 x 5.9 inch
- This tile has a smooth surface.
- It comes with a hook for hanging on the wall.