During WW1 the U.S. Government tried to rename hamburgers as "liberty sandwiches" to promote patriotism.
George Washington was a ginger.
Gypsyis short for "Egyptian."
The SS officer who captured Anne Frank and her family became a member of West Germany's intelligence service after WW2. He bought Anne Frank's book to see if he was mentioned.
Christopher Columbus brought the first lemon seeds to America.
Every year 11 000 Americans injure themselves while trying out bizarre sexual positions.
Russians take guns into space to protect themselves against bears if they land off-course.
"Pistanthrophobia" is the fear of trusting people due to bad past experiences.
White people consume 60-80% of all rap music in the U.S.
When the World Cup was hosted in the U.S. in 1994 they only spent US$30 million on infrastructure improvements. For the 2014 World Cup Brazil spent US$11 billion.
Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark’s stomach from underneath causing the shark to explode.
The surface of the Earth is about 60% water and 10% ice.
About 1 in 9 people lack access to an improved water source.
Bill Gates aimed to become a millionaire by the age of 30. However he became a billionaire at 31.
The lack of physical activity is one of the leading causes of preventable death worldwide.
‘Jaws’ is the most common name for a goldfish.
The U.S. pays Cuba US$4 085 a month in rent for Guantanamo Bay but Cuba refuses to cash the checks.
A day on Venus is longer than its year.
Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan as it's viewed as exhaustion from working hard.
The past-tense of the English word “dare” is “durst”
Switzerland is the only country with a square flag.
Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
The official name of Spain is the "Kingdom of Spain."
During his time as a Congressman and later as U.S. President John F Kennedy donated all of his salary to charity.
Long-term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours a study found.
There are at least 97 people called "LOL" in the U.S.
The average American golf course consumes around 312 000 gallons of water per day.
When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home the stadium becomes the state’s third largest city.
After two weeks of wear a pair of jeans will have grown a 1 000-strong colony of bacteria on the front 1 500–2 500 on the back and 10 000 on the crotch.
The domain GoogleSucks.com is owned by Google.
Lobsters breathe with the gills at the base of their legs.
As passengers on Earth we are all carried around the sun at a mean velocity of 66 600 mph (107 182 km/h).
The U.S. State with the longest official name is the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
The largest giant squid ever found weighed 8,000 pounds.
There are more English words beginning with the letter "s" than with any other letter.
Blondes have more hair than dark-haired people do.
Maine is the only state (in USA) whose name is just one syllable.
Going to church is good for you: Services lowers your blood pressure a study found.
It can take as long as 4 hours to hard-boil an ostrich egg.
In medieval France unfaithful wives were made to chase a chicken through town naked.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products