Dr. Ikemoto repeatedly told me that we should not perform research that simply reproduced somebody else’s results. Rather we should do something unique and new. ~ Shinya Yamanaka 1962 to Present - Stem Cell Biologist
There is no law except the law that there is no law. - John Archibald Wheeler 1911 to 2008 Theoretical Physicist
Richard T. Whitcomb (1921–2009) USA – Supercritical airfoil Winglet.
Frank Hornby (1863–1936) UK – invented Meccano.
Nikolay Popov (1931–2008) Russia – first fully gas turbine main battle tank (T-80).
Claude Chappe (1763–1805) France – Semaphore line.
Sidney Rosenthal (1907–1979) USA – Magic Marker.
Dmitry Lachinov (1842–1902) Russia – mercury pump economizer for electricity consumption electrical insulation tester optical dynamometer photometer elecrolyser.
Aurel Stodola (1859–1942) Slovakia – gas turbines.
Harry Brearley (1871–1948) UK – stainless steel.
Pyotr Kapitsa (1894–1984) Russia – first ultrastrong magnetic field creating techniques basic low-temperature physics inventions.
Ira Remsen (1846–1927) USA – saccharin.
Tullio Campagnolo (1901–1983) Italy – Quick release skewer.
Seiichi Miyake (inv. 1965) Japan – Tactile paving.
Corliss Orville Burandt USA – Variable valve timing.
Jack Kilby (1923–2005) USA – patented the first integrated circuit.
Alexander Smakula (1900–1983) Ukraine/Russia/USA – anti-reflective coating.
Mikhail Gurevich (1893–1976) Russia – MiG-series fighter aircraft including world's most produced jet aircraft MiG-15 and most produced supersonic aircraft MiG-21 (together with Artem Mikoyan).
Nestor Genko (1839–1904) Russia – Genko's Forest Belt (the first large-scale windbreak system).
Sergey Malyutin (1859–1937) Russia – designed the first matryoshka doll (together with Vasily Zvyozdochkin).
Willard Boyle (1924–2011) together with George E. Smith (1930–) USA – Charge-coupled device (CCD).
C. Kumar N. Patel (1938–) India/USA – Carbon dioxide laser.
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
I see some parallels between the shifts of fashion in mathematics and in music. In music the popular new styles of jazz and rock became fashionable a little earlier than the new mathematical styles of chaos and complexity theory. Jazz and rock were long despised by classical musicians but have emerged as art-forms more accessible than classical music to a wide section of the public. Jazz and rock are no longer to be despised as passing fads. Neither are chaos and complexity theory. But still classical music and classical mathematics are not dead. Mozart lives and so does Euler. When the wheel of fashion turns once more quantum mechanics and hard analysis will once again be in style. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923 - Mathematician and Physicist
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
The uniform character of mathematics is the essence of science for mathematics is the foundation of all exact scientific knowledge. ~ David Hilbert 1862 – 1943 Mathematician
The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995 Astrophysicist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more