The heart symbol was first used to denote love in the 1250. Prior to that it represented foliage.
Goldfish can't close their eyes as they have no eyelids.
Elephants don’t drink through their trunks like a straw.
Some 15 152 types of life forms from insects to bacteria have been identified on the New York subway.
In 2012 divers discovered a 2 000-year-old Roman shipwreck that was so well preserved even the food was intact in its storage jars.
California consumes more bottled water than any other product.
Lincoln was the first major leader in the U.S. to feel that women should be allowed to vote.
In May 1948 Mt Ruapehu and Mt Ngauruhoe both in New Zealand erupted simultaneously.
China has mobile "execution vans" to enforce the death penalty without moving to a proper execution ground.
A Boeing 747′s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother’s first flight.
More people speak English in China than the United States.
A man in Nebraska is breeding red cows and sending them to Israel so that Jews build a Third Temple and "Jesus comes again".
One American consumes as many resources as 32 Kenyans.
John Adams Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe died on July 4th.
75%of people who marry partners from an affair eventually divorce.
An adult elephant requires up to 300 kg of food and 160 litres of water per day.
It takes the average McDonald's employee 7 months to earn what a CEO makes in an hour.
Phil Collins divorced his second wife by fax.
Germany made its final reparations payment from the WW1 Treaty of Versailles in 2010.
The country code for Russia is “007″.
Long-term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours a study found.
The Church of Scientology runs a child labor camp in Australia.
The most sensitive cluster of nerves is at the base of the spine.
We share 98.4% of our DNA with a chimp.
Horses cannot throw up.
35%of the world's population drives on the left side of the road.
An adult lion’s roar is so loud; it can be heard up to five miles away.
After Michael Jackson's death hit the news he was mentioned in a rate of 5 000 tweets per minute.
If you leave everything to the last minute… it will only take a minute.
Spending money on others yields more happiness than spending it on yourself a study concluded.
A Marijuana-derived compound forces cancer cells to freeze and prevents them from spreading.
The word "Scientist"first appeared in 1833.
The scales of a crocodile are made of certain, the same substance that hooves and fingernails are made of.
In 2015 the 4th most powerful supercomputer in the world took 40 minutes to simulate just one second of human brain activity.
A giraffe's neck can measure up to 6 feet (1.8 m) long
Mexican General Santa Anna had an elaborate state funeral for his amputated leg.
There's a bar in Ireland that opened in the year 900 A.D. and is still operational. It's called "Sean's Bar".
The Roman Empire was not the largest empire in history. It was only the 28th largest.
Goat’s milk is higher in calcium, vitamin A and niacin than cow’s milk.
In 2014 about 89% of Google's US$66 billion in revenue came from advertising.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)