The "keep calm and carry on" slogan was originally dreamt up as a way of preserving morale in the event of a Nazi invasion of Britain.
Butterflies cannot fly if their body temperature is less than 86 degrees.
Adult elephants can’t jump.
Hannibal had only one eye after getting a disease while attacking Rome.
In 2013 soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo opened a museum dedicated to himself.
Bart's name is an anagram of BRAT. His full name is Bartholomew Jojo Simpson.
Tomatoes have more genes than humans.
75% of Australia's living species are unknown to man.
So many Facebook photos and videos are uploaded via mobile that it takes up 27% of upstream web traffic.
The Simpsons crew sent flowers to South Park studios when they parodied Family Guy.
3 Olympic swimming pools can hold all the gold ever mined in the world.
A Giraffe's legs alone are taller than most humans: about 6 feet (1.81 m).
There are more beetles than any other animal. In fact one out of every four animals is a beetle.
When Germany won the 2014 World Cup in Brazil it was the first time as a united country. The three previous times the soccer World Cup was won by West Germany.
Only 10 police officers have been killed in Norway since WW2.
Scientists have created glow-in-the-dark cats by inserting the jellyfish protein that codes for bioluminescence into their genome.
Apple sold 340 000 iPhones per day in 2012.
Cats can't see directly below their noses.
Mariah Carey's legs are insured for US$1 billion.
Women speak about 20 000 words a day. That's 13 000 more than the average man.
The brain releases so much dopamine during orgasms that a brain scan resembles that of someone on heroin.
"Anal"is a languagespoken in India and Burmaby 23 000 people.
Ancient Egyptian priests would pluck every hair from their bodies.
U.S. Families living in extreme poverty with less than US$$2 per day has doubled to 1.5 million since 1996.
The fastest ascent from base camp to the summit of Mount Everest took just 8 hours and 10 minutes.
To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaw, push your thumb into its eyeballs-it will let you go instantly.
Penis enhancement surgery is free in Cuba.
In 2014 a prisoner escaped a detention center in Arizona to spend Valentine's Day with his girlfriend.
Coffee beans aren't beans. They are fruit pits.
Former basketball superstar Michael Jordan is the most recognized face in the world more than the pope himself.
Scientists believe cats are afraid of water because their ancestors lived in an area with very few large bodies of water and never had to learn how to swim.
Finland is part of Fennoscandia not Scandinavia.
Horatio Nelson one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
After the attack on Pearl Harbor during WW2 Canada declared war on Japan before the U.S. did.
Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
Researchers have successfully used the game TETRIS to treat "lazy eye" in adults.
Grey whales always mate in a threesome: two males to one female.
People in Africa and Asia have to walk an average of 3.7 miles (6 KM) to collect water.
The most frequently named bugs from the Bible are: Locust: 24 Moth: 11 Grasshopper: 10 Scorpion: 10 Caterpillar: 9 and Bee: 4.
There is no scientific evidence that shaving or waxing will make your hair come back thicker.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products