Benjamin Franklin had an illegitimate son who remained loyal to the British and fled to London after the war. He stayed there for the rest of his life.
There are an average of 178 sesame seeds on a McDonald’s Big Mac bun.
Nigeria makes more movies every year than the US.
Hitler planned to collect thousands of Jewish artifacts to build a "Museum of An Extinct Race" after the war.
More Guinness beer is drunk in Nigeria than Ireland.
Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
Every Dog's mitochondrial DNA is 99.9% the same as a gray wolf.
A city in Texas renamed itself to "DISH Texas" in order to receive free Dish Satellite service for 10 years.
French poodles did not originate in France – they came from Germany.
A cheetahs lifespan is up to 12 years in the wild.
After eating, a housefly regurgitates its food and then eats it again.
About 100 billion people have died in all human history.
The first Frenchman known to visit Japan was imprisoned tortured and killed because he tried to promote Christianity.
The U.S. government's "official expert" on Marijuana from 1938 to 1962 once testified in court under oath that he had smoked marijuana and it turned him into a bat.
The brain releases so much dopamine during orgasms that a brain scan resembles that of someone on heroin.
The average human brain has about 100 billion nerve cells.
You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than from a shark attack.
Most people can survive for up to 2 months without eating but people can only live up to 11 days without sleeping.
In the U.S. Google searches for "why is my poop green" peak between 5 and 6 AM while "how to roll a joint" peaks between 1 and 2 AM.
Picasso burned most of his early work to keep his apartment warm because he was poor.
In Japan, it is completely acceptable to name your child ‘Buttocks’ or ‘Prostitute’.
Before Mating the Female Giraffe Will First Urinate in the Male's Mouth.
Brazilian prisoners can reduce their sentence by 4 days for every book they read and write a report on.
In 1986 a volcanic lake in Cameroon Africa burped a C02 gas cloud that killed 1 746 people in minutes.
It costs approximately $10,000 to train a federally certified search and rescue dog.
After two weeks of wear a pair of jeans will have grown a 1 000-strong colony of bacteria on the front 1 500–2 500 on the back and 10 000 on the crotch.
Researchers believe the first human case of HIV was in Kinshasa Congo around 1920.
Proportional to their size cats have the largest eyes of all mammals.
There is a US$1000 sports bra which uses heat sensors to detect signs of breast cancer up to 6 years earlier than a mammogram can.
If you yelled for 8 years 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
In 2001 the World Christian Encyclopedia counted 33 830 different Christian denominations.
Ten percent of the Russian government’s income comes from the sale of vodka.
In English-speaking countries the most popular names for dogs are Max and Molly.
Spain was neutral in WW1 and WW2 but experienced a civil war (1936-1939) which killed over 500 000 people.
The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters.
In 2012 divers discovered a 2 000-year-old Roman shipwreck that was so well preserved even the food was intact in its storage jars.
The most disliked video on YouTube is Justin Bieber's "Baby " with over 4 400 000 dislikes.
6%of the world's population has an Internet addiction.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women.
88%of Facebook users 'creep' ex-partners following a breakup a study found.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)