Blondes have more hair than dark-haired people do.
In China it is mandatory that cosmetic products are tested on animals while in Europe it's prohibited.
People drink more slowly when alcohol is served in straight-sided glasses than when it's served in glasses with curved sides a research found.
EMI stands for ‘Electrical and Musical Instruments’.
Italy has the eighth-largest economy in the world.
You can start a fire with ice.
A newborn Chinese water deer is so small it can almost be held in the palm of the hand.
The Sun accounts for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System.
Harry Potter was born in 1980 so he's over 35 by now.
Cuba has one of the highest literacy rates in the world: 99.8%.
Desertification threatens the livelihoods of more than 1 billion people in 110 countries the U.N. says.
The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
The Soviets drilled the world's deepest hole into the earth for 14 years: it's 12 262 metres (40 230 ft) deep.
Over 800 000 people are arrested for marijuana in the U.S. each year.
98% of Japanese are cremated.
The last animal in the dictionary is the zyzzyva a tropical weevil.
Metallica is the first and only band to play on all seven continents.
TV show "16 and pregnant" and spin-offs may have prevented about 20 000 teen pregnancies in 2010 a study says.
Google's First Computer Storage Was Made From LEGO.
Gleevec a cancer drug that costs US$70 000 in the U.S. per year cost just US$2 500 in India because it can't be patented there.
Iran arrested 14 squirrels for spying in 2007.
The U.S. has the highest dog population in the world. France has the second highest.
A worm's mind has been mapped and replicated by scientists into a software that's now inside a Lego robot.
There is a persistent storm at Lake Maracaibo Venezuela. Lightning storms occur for about 10 hours a night 140 to 160 nights a year for a total of about 1.2 million lightning discharges per year.
The smallest wage gap between men and women is to be found in New Zealand: under 5%.
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
Animals avoid power lines because they see frightening ultraviolet flashes that are invisible to humans.
After an 8.0 magnitude earthquake hit Mexico City in 1985 nearly all newborn babies survived a collapsed hospital for 7 days without nourishment water warmth or human contact.
There is a Welsh-speaking part of Argentina. It has its own dialect of Welsh.
38%of Christianity is projected to live in sub-Saharan Africa in 2050.
In Argentina political parties have their own brands of beer.
The city of New York will pay for a one-way plane ticket for any homeless person if they have a guaranteed place to stay elsewhere.
In 2004 Gates predicted that the problem of spam email would be gone within two years.
Everyday more money is printed for Monopoly sets than for the U.S. Treasury.
Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a 50 000 word novel without any word containing “e.”
87% of scientists believe climate change is mostly caused by human activity while only 50% of the public does.
Parasitic and host plants have a dialogue by sharing genetic information with one another.
Over 20 million bats live in the Bracken Cave in Texas the world's largest colony of bats.
Flamingos are pink because shrimp is one of their main sources of food.
King Harald of Norway vowed to remain unmarried for life unless he could marry his true love the daughter of a cloth merchant. She became the Queen of Norway.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Warning: Do not use if you have a pacemaker or other internal, or implanted medical device. Not intended for use by children under 13. Always consult your physician. Slippery when wet
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)