A square mile of fertile earth has 32 000 000 earthworms in it.
Global warming 'solved' a land dispute between India and Bangladesh: the island in dispute disappeared.
Theodore Roosevelt had a pet bear while in office.
Gabriel Michael and Lucifer are the only angels named in the Bible.
In a tradition dating to the begining of the Westminster system of government the bench in the middle of a Westminster parliarment is two and a half sword lengths long. This was so the government and oppositon couldn’t have a go at each other if it all got a bit heated
Bill Gates wrote rival Steve Jobs a letter as he was dying. He kept it by his bed.
Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
There is a small village in France called "Pussy".
After John F. Kennedy's WW2 PT boat was sunk he wrote a message on a coconut asking for help. It worked. Kennedy kept the coconut and it became a Presidential paperweight.
In Japan teachers and students come together to clean the classrooms and cafeteria.
Snakes kill 100 000 people every year.
The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world: 6.98 million people in 2011.
In 1974 Kim Il-sung took 1 000 Volvo sedans from Sweden to North Korea and never paid for them.
After two weeks of wear a pair of jeans will have grown a 1 000-strong colony of bacteria on the front 1 500–2 500 on the back and 10 000 on the crotch.
Bill Gates aimed to become a millionaire by the age of 30. However he became a billionaire at 31.
At the height of its power in 400 BC the Greek city of Sparta had 25 000 citizens and 500 000 slaves.
In western Iran there's a viper with a fake spider for a tail.
Your nose can remember 50 000 different scents.
Saturn's rings are not solid. They are made up of bits of ice dust and rock.
A chinese man sued his wife for being too ugly and the Court agreed awarding him US$115 000.
23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army. G.P. for ‘General Purpose’ vehicle.
Arnold Schonberg suffered from triskaidecphobia the fear of the number 13. He died 13 minutes from midnight on Friday the 13th.
Without your pinky finger you would lose about 50% of your hand strength.
There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
In the early years of the 20th century horses were causing so much pollution with their poop that cars were seen as the "green" alternative.
Similar to fingerprints everyone also has a Unique Tongue Print.
A Blogger hired a woman to slap him every time he's on Facebook.
Hitler was saved from drowning by a priest when he was 4 years old.
Speed dating was invented by a Rabbi in 1999.
There's a Spa in Jakarta using pythons to massage clients.
Italy's PM Benito Mussolini tortured his enemies by forcing them to swallow massive doses of castor oil.
The number of Chinese killed by the Japanese during WW2 is greater than the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust.
In Italy "pepperoni" refers to bell peppers. There's no Italian salami by that name.
It's scientifically proven: being in love makes you a less productive person.
1%of Germany's population is genetically immune to HIV.
During WW1 the King of England the Tsar of Russia and the Emperor of Germany were all first cousins.
In 2013 a girl survived ASIANA's Plane Crash only to be run over and killed by a responding fire truck.
If you try to suppress a sneeze you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
California 's official state animal is extinct.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)