An apple didn't hit Isaac Newton in the head but it did make him wonder if the force that makes apples fall influences the moon's motion around Earth.
15 billion cigarettes are smoked worldwide every day.
Google Maps' Street view includes 360-degree views of the Mount Everest base camp.
Harry Potter and author JK Rowling share the same birthday
The average toilet uses 6 litres (1.6 gal) of clean water in a single flush.
Atomic bomb tests were a major tourist attraction in Las Vegas during the 1950s.
All of the world's energy needs can be met with 1/10 000th of the light from the Sun that falls on Earth each day according to the inventor Ray Kurzweil.
A blind chameleon still changes colors to match his environment.
Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian and had only ONE testicle.
Carolyn Shoemaker has discovered 32 comets and approximately 300 asteroids.
A hedgehog’s heart beats 300 times a minute on average.
Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don’t drift away from each other.
Pirates wore earrings because they believed it improved their eyesight.
The average dolphin eats one-third of its weight on food each day.
The scientific name for the Western lowland gorilla is Gorilla gorilla gorilla.
Bolivia has 37 official languages.
Apple earns US$300 000 per minute.
Anise is the scent on the artificial rabbit that is used in greyhound races.
90%of all meteorites ever found have come from Antarctica.
Nearly 6 000 people per year get hurt or die in the UK after tripping over their trousers or falling down stairs while pulling them up.
Freddie Mercury wrote "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" in 10 minutes as a tribute to Elvis Presley.
There is a city in Norway called “Hell”
An 11-Year-Old Girl Convinced Abraham Lincoln to Grow His Beard.
The word "soccer" originated as a slang abbreviation of the word "association"
Female polar bears normally start having baby cubs at the age of four or five.
On average people who complain live longer. Releasing the tension increases immunity and boosts their health.
Hara kiri is an impolite way of saying the Japanese word seppuku which means literally belly splitting.
Most of the dust underneath your bed is actually your own dead skin.
Abortion Kills More African-Americans Than the Seven Leading Causes of Death Combined.
Soccer player Didier Drogba is credited with brokering a cease-fire in his home country of Ivory Coast that brought a five-year civil war to an end.
Scientists can grow teeth from urine.
British Pennies are used to adjust the time in London's Big Ben clock tower.
The Black Death reduced the population of Europe by one third in the period from 1347 to 1351.
The Versace dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards sparked the creation of Google Images.
2 520 is the smallest number that can be exactly divided by all the numbers 1 to 10.
The FBI has a Twitter slang dictionary.
The Confederate general Stonewall Jackson was accidentally shot by his own men during a major American Civil War battle.
The Mount Everest grows 0.1576 inches (4mm) each year.
The first great civilization in Mexico were the Olmec established from 1500 B.C. to 400 B.C.
Before the eraser bread was used to remove pencil marks.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)