There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. - Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Astronomer Mathematician
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
Antonio Pacinotti (1841–1912) Italy – Pacinotti dynamo.
Ernst Karl Abbe (1840–1905) Germany – Condenser (microscope) apochromatic lens refractometer.
Konstantin Khrenov (1894–1984) Russia – underwater welding.
Willard Frank Libby (1908–1980) USA – radiocarbon dating.
Larry Sanger (born 1968) together with Jimmy Wales (1966–) USA – Wikipedia.
R. G. LeTourneau (1888–1969) USA – electric wheel motor scraper mobile oil drilling platform bulldozer cable control unit for scrapers.
Jack Kilby (1923–2005) USA – patented the first integrated circuit.
Alexei Krylov (1863–1945) Russia – gyroscopic damping of ships.
Alexander Fleming (1881–1955) Scotland – penicillin.
Marcellin Berthelot (1827–1907) France – Berthelot's reagent (chemistry).
Robert Swanson (1905–1994) Canada – Invented and developed the first multi-chime air horn for use with diesel locomotives.
Johann Wolfgang Döbereiner (1780–1849) Germany – Döbereiner's lamp (chemistry).
Mstislav Keldysh (1911–1978) Latvia/Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Tikhonravov.
Remi Swierczek (born 1958) Poland – Inventor of Music Identification System and the Mico Changer (coin hopper and dispenser used in casinos).
Eugen Baumann (1846–1896) Germany – PVC.
Tullio Campagnolo (1901–1983) Italy – Quick release skewer.
Ross Granville Harrison (1870–1959) USA – first successful animal Tissue culture Cell culture.
Leo Baekeland (1863–1944) Belgian–American – Velox photographic paper and Bakelite.
Ottomar Anschütz (1846–1907) Germany – single-curtain focal-plane shutter electrotachyscope.
Alec Reeves (1902–1971) UK – Pulse-code modulation.
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
Chemistry is necessarily an experimental science: its conclusions are drawn from data and its principles supported by evidence from facts. ~ Michael Faraday - 1791 to 1867
I see some parallels between the shifts of fashion in mathematics and in music. In music the popular new styles of jazz and rock became fashionable a little earlier than the new mathematical styles of chaos and complexity theory. Jazz and rock were long despised by classical musicians but have emerged as art-forms more accessible than classical music to a wide section of the public. Jazz and rock are no longer to be despised as passing fads. Neither are chaos and complexity theory. But still classical music and classical mathematics are not dead. Mozart lives and so does Euler. When the wheel of fashion turns once more quantum mechanics and hard analysis will once again be in style. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923 - Mathematician and Physicist
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
- 1. Two stylish watch faces and an adjustable band perfectly paired with 1.54-inch smooth touch screen
- 2. Phone function: Make phone call directly from the smart watch,including answering and dial-up.SIM slot,support make calls by Bluetooth or smart watch
- 3. The lost function: Seek mobile phone,Tow-way anti lost
- 4. Water resistent -resist water splash.This is a new Bluetooth Smart Watch which is compatible with Bluetooth 3.0 or above ,support Android 4.2 or above,and the IOS 7.0 or above
- 5. For iphone, it only synced with the phone callings , contacts. Other functions like Pedometer, Calendar, Calculator, Clock, Stopwatch, Music player also work with the watch independently.
- ADVANCED CONFIGURATION: CPU MTK2502C, perfectly support both IOS and Android OS. 1.3 inch HD IPS LCD Round Screen, 2.5 D radian capacitive touch screen, OGS, non-air-gap, which makes it more upscale and comfortable wearing. Magentic charger, Real 340 mAh high power polymer battery, stand by >5 days, normal use > 1 days. Fantastic design for UI, and customized is acceptable.
- SIDE TWO-IN-ONE SIM/TF CARD SLOT: PATENT design for smart watches, which makes it characteristic and convenient. Support Communication anytime anywhere. Support GSM850/900/1800/1900 MHz. (Note:The SIM Card and TF Card are not included.)
- INFORMATION SYNCHRONIZATION: Support APP for Apple IOS and Android OS smart phone. With the APP connected, the SMS and notifications on the smart phones will be synced to the watch. You can use the watch read the message and the notifications(Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp SNS Info) on the watch derectly. Support Dial Hands-Free after bluetooth connection. Support Contacts Sync.
- MAIN FUNCTION: Support Heart rate monitor, Sleep Monitor, Sleep analysis, Pedometer, Sedentary alarm, Alarm clock, Stopwatch, Calculator, Photograph, Dial, Calling Remind, Clock, Anti-lost, SMS , Notification Bluetooth Sync, Time Sync, Music Player, Remote camera and so on, all in one.
- EXCEPTIONAL APPEARANCE: Appearance vogue, extreme thin, the unique side slot, convenient and practical. Nano material strap TPU72 degree, anti-perspiration frosted surface treatment, ergonomics is concave and convex design. Soft and nonhazardous watchband, the same materials to baby products, comfortable wearing.
- Download Android APP: https://amzn.to/31gvBCo Factory to Customer Sale offers BEST price/ USA Seller & Brand + Bluetooth Authorization + FCC Certification
- Choice 1: USE as Cell Phone(Sim Card Needed, See description for "Which Carrier OK") / Choice 2: USE as Smartwatch(NO Sim Card Needed, See description for Android & IPHONE SYNC, Some Function Blocked with no Sim Card and Memory Card)
- IPHONE Partial Available, CAN NOT SYNC ALL(See desciption for Detail)
- ANDROID Phone Can SYNC all(APP needed, See description for how to find APP)
- Warning: Charge by computer USB port ONLY, unauthorized charger MAY DAMAGE the battery. Don't Heat battery or leave the watch in hot condition. Stop using the battery on damaged or swelled condition and contact seller at once.