The Diary of Anne Frank is banned in Lebanon for "portraying Jews Israel or Zionism favorably".
A Beer Wave of 388 000 Gallons (or 1.4m L) flooded London in 1814 after a huge vat ruptured.
2 out of 3 inherited family fortunes are lost by the new generation a study in the U.S. found.
There are over 2700 types of snakes in the world and they live in deserts, forests, oceans, streams, lakes.
Google prefers dogs to cats. Their official code of conduct specifically states they are a dog company.
Starfish do not have blood. Their blood is actually filtered sea water.
A natural predator of the Moose is the Killer Whale. They have been known to prey on moose swimming around America's Northwest Coast.
A steady stream of minor accomplishments makes you more satisfied with your life than a few major accomplishments.
Our moon is bigger than Pluto and 1/4 the diameter of Earth.
Half of the top 20 cities in the world with the highest murder rates are in Brazil.
If Pinokio says “My Noes Will Grow Now”, it would cause a paradox. Details here.
A lion in the wild usually makes no more than twenty kills a year.
12% of Americans think Joan of Arc was Noah's wife from the Bible.
NASA is developing 3D printed pizzas for astronauts.
A priest on the Titanic refused to board a lifeboat twice. Instead he stayed behind to hear confessions and give absolution to the people left on the ship.
Revenue from digital music downloads and subscriptions outpaced CD sales in the U.S. for the first time in 2014.
No matter where you stand in Michigan you are never more than 85 miles from a Great Lake.
A polar bears skin is black. Its fur is actually clear but like snow it appears white.
23%of the couples who meet through online dating end up marrying.
At a jet plane’s speed of 1 000 km (620mi) per hour the length of the plane becomes one atom shorter than its original length.
Russians take guns into space to protect themselves against bears if they land off-course.
During WW2 Japan received Jewish refugees and rejected the resulting Nazi German protests.
A syzygy occurs when three atronomical bodies line up.
Venezuela's name comes from the Italian word "Veneziola" (little Venice). Explorer Amerigo Vespucci saw native stilt houses built in Lake Maracaibo reminding him of Venice.
There's a restaurant in Japan using monkeys as waiters.
Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.
African elephants have bigger ears than Indian elephants.
US debt is 10 times larger than all the US$ in circulation.
A full day on the moon from one sunrise to the next lasts about 29.5 Earth days on average.
People who work 11 hours or more a day are 67% more likely to have a heart attack than those with an 8-hour work day according to a study.
‘Jaws’ is the most common name for a goldfish.
All dolphins have a different whistle.
All Hebrew originating names that end with the letters el have something to do with God.
15 million blood cells are destroyed in the human body every second.
Snakes do not blink.
Absolut Vodka used to belong to Sweden's government until they sold it in 2008 for US$8.3 Billion to Pernod Ricard.
You can be fined up to $1 000 for whistling on Sunday in Salt Lake City Utah.
Christopher Columbus thought that the world was shaped like a woman's breast.
The world's largest gold bar weighs 250 kg (551 lb).
The wombat's poop is cubic.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)