Facebook's first annual Hacker Cup coding challenge was won by a programmer at Google. He showed up at Facebook headquarters to collect his prize wearing his Google employee badge.
The chemical element Uranium discovered in 1789 was named after the newly discovered planet Uranus.
In 2011 Twitter users tweeted the equivalent of 8 163 copies of "War and Peace" every day.
The biggest bill the U.S. issued was a US$ 10 000 bill.
of all US$ cash is held overseas. 66%
"He kept us out of war" was Woodrow Wilson' slogan for the 1916 election. About a month after he took office the U.S. declared war on Germany.
Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
Gold has been discovered on every continent on earth.
The world's oceans contain nearly 20 million tons of gold.
Elephants are the only mammals besides humans to have chins.
The world's first labour strike was held on the site of a pyramid.
In Japan 90% of mobile phones are waterproof because youngsters use them even in the shower.
Stockholm the capital of Sweden is built on 14 islands and the city centre is virtually situated on the water.
Cheetahs were trained by man for hunting as long as 3000 BC.
Breast Cancer kills 450 men in the U.S.every year.
It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 gr.) of chocolate.
Many Fish can taste without even opening their mouths.
Vending machines kill 13 people per year.
96 elephants are killed every day in Africa.
In Manhattan the apartment that's the furthest away from a subway station is just 0.8 miles (1.2 km) away.
Humans are 50% heavier and four inches taller in the past 100 years than they have been throughout most of human history.
McDonald's Big Mac is used as an economic index to compare purchasing power between currencies and countries.
On average 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
Mexico's official name is United Mexican States.
Between 1838 and 1960 more than half the photos taken were of babies.
Many claim that a genocide was committed in Australia against its native people from 1910 to 1970 in an effort to create a "white Australia."
1 in 5 Americans believes that the world will end in their lifetime.
The average car in Britain is parked for 96% of the time.
Almost 70 percent of the red meat eaten globally is goat meat.
There are giant carnivorous snails living in New Zealand.
In China it is mandatory that cosmetic products are tested on animals while in Europe it's prohibited.
The average speed of Heinz Ketchup squirt is .028 MPH.
Right-handed people tend to chew food on the right side while left-handed tend to chew on the left side.
FIDO Abraham Lincoln's dog was also assassinated.
Aurophobia is the fear of gold.
Anorexia has the highest mortality rate of any psychological disorder: between 5% and 20% eventually die from it.
There's a city in Brazil called "Nao-Me-Toque" meaning "Don't Touch Me."
Apple's iPhone is almost twice more expensive in Brazil than in the U.S.
About 165 000 cars are produced every day.
The weird offspring of a donkey and a zebra is called a "zonkey."
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)