Hitler bombed his nephew's house in Liverpool so he joined the US NAVY to fight him.
The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet.
Leonardo Da Vinci's last words were: "I have offended God and mankind. My work did not reach the quality it should have."
It took 73 years to find the wreck of the Titanic.
Cats can get sick or die from eating chocolate.
In 2014 a prisoner escaped a detention center in Arizona to spend Valentine's Day with his girlfriend.
Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
Michael Jackson bought the rights to most of The Beatles' music for US$47.5 million in 1985. It's now worth US$450 million.
Dolphins can communicate with one another over a telephone and appear to know who they are talking to.
In professional shooting Alcohol is considered to be a performance-enhancing drug because it relaxes you and slows your heart rate enough to give you an edge.
The U.S. military has a 26-page manual on baking brownies and oatmeal cookies.
Recycling one ton of plastic can save up to 2 000 gallons of gasoline.
You can save 2 190 gallons of water per person per year by only flushing the toilet once a day.
Taller women are more likely to get cancer according to a study.
Pandas have one of the highest bite forces of any carnivore.
The White House Correspondent's Dinner was men-only until 1962 when JFK refused to attend unless women did.
The average age of a human fat cell is 10 years.
One-third of Earth's land surface is partially or totally desert.
Heavy marijuana smokers are at risk for some of the same health effects as cigarette smokers like bronchitis and other respiratory illnesses.
On average half of all false teeth have some form of radioactivity.
About a third of male fish in British rivers are changing sex due to pollution especially from contraceptive pills a research found.
British soldiers in WW1 had a tea ration of six pints a day.
Most Egyptians died by the time they were 30 about 300 years ago
According to a textbook in North Korea Kim Jong Un learned to drive at age 3.
Leo Fender inventor of the Telecaster and Stratocaster could not play guitar.
In 2014 a burglar in Minnesota was caught after he logged into his Facebook account on the home's PC and forgot to log out.
In North Korea people don't celebrate birthdays on July 8 and December 17 since those are the dates that Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il died.
Texas is also the only state that is allowed to fly its state flag at the same height as the U.S. flag.
Goethe couldn’t stand the sound of barking dogs and could only write if he had an apple rotting in the drawer of his desk.
Sleep deprivation affects the brain in multiple ways that can impair judgment and slow reaction.
McDonalds opens a new restaurant every 14.5 hours.
A strawberry isn't an actual berry but a banana is.
In Hartford Connecticut it is illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sundays.
There are 20 000 light bulbs on the Eiffel Tower.
There is a Welsh-speaking part of Argentina. It has its own dialect of Welsh.
If uncoiled the DNA in all the cells in your body would stretch 10 billion miles from here to Pluto and back.
A creep is a metallurgical term for when something that is normally very strong bends because of gravity. This happens to many metals at high temperatures where they won’t melt but they will creep.
Elvis Presley bought Franklin Roosevelt's presidential yacht the Potomac for US$55 000.
The average talker sprays about 300 microscopic saliva droplets per minute about 2.5 droplets per word.
The flag erected on the Moon during the historic Apollo 11 landing was purchased at a local Sears store for US$5.50.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)