The world's steepest street is Baldwin St. with a 38° gradient in Dunedin New Zealand.
Canis lupus lupus is the scientific name for a grey wolf.
Donkeys kill more people than plane crashes.
The Black Death reduced the population of Europe by one third in the period from 1347 to 1351.
Tap water has a shelf-life of 6 months after which chlorine dissipates and bacteria starts to grow.
Argentina has the highest number of psychiatrists per capita in the world.
Einstein's great breakthroughs came from visual experiments performed in his head rather than the lab.
Ice melting in Antarctica has caused a small shift in gravity in the region.
More than 90% of the Nicaraguan people are Roman Catholic.
When sharks take a bite their eyes roll back and their teeth jut out.
The U.S. has more Spanish speakers than Spain.
The Roman Empire was not the largest empire in history. It was only the 28th largest.
A Colombian woman was raised by monkeys after being kidnaped and abandoned in the jungle as a child.
The first song played on Armed Forces Radio during operation Desert Shield was “Rock the Casba” by the Clash.
The Salema Porgy is a species of fish that can cause hallucinations when eaten. In Ancient Rome it was consumed as a recreational drug.
Norway will be the first country to turn off FM radio in 2017 and switch completely to digital.
A woodchuck breathes only 10 times in hibernation.
The population density of Manhattan is much lower today than it was 100 years ago and total population has fallen by about 25%.
A 20-month-old baby became the youngest professional soccer player ever after being signed up by a Belgian club.
The people of Israel consume more turkeys per capita than any other country.
The boomslang snake's venom causes you to bleed from all holes of your body.
The more features your phone has the longer you spend in the toilet.
Benjamin Franklin wrote "Fart Proudly" a scientific essay about farts.
A "GAY BOMB" was once proposed at the Pentagon to turn the enemy gay.
Seals used for their fur get extremely sick when taken aboard ships.
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
Some women can have a genetic mutation which causes them to see millions of more colors.
It's scientifically proven: being in love makes you a less productive person.
In 1600 a volcano eruption in Peru caused a famine that killed about 2 million people in Russia.
Before his passing George Washington had become opposed to slavery and in his will he ordered his 300 slaves to be freed after his wife's death.
Humans have been hunter-gatherers for 99% of their history.
When Anglerfish mate they melt into each other and share their bodies forever.
Australia has 10 times more camels than koalas.
Goldfish don't have stomachs and should therefore be fed easily digestible food in lots of small feeding sessions.
Hitler believed he was attractive to women so he remained single for political gain. The German people were unaware of Eva Braun until after the war.
Mailing an entire building has been illegal in the U.S. since 1916 when a man mailed a 40 000-ton brick house across Utah to avoid high freight rates.
Spain was the third most visited country in the world in 2013.
You can tell a turtle’s gender by the noise it makes. Males grunt, females hiss.
In 2013 North Korea's president killed his own uncle by throwing him naked into a cage with 120 starving dogs.
Many species of owls have special feathers for flying silently.
The Vulcan salute used by Mr. Spock on Star Trek was taken from the Priestly Blessing of Judaism.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)